Monday, October 31, 2011

There is Nothing Special About a Day Until We Make it So

My wife is beautiful. She is the other half of every step I take. I love to do many a fine thing with her, and yesterday it was taking our family out into the gloriously crisp afternoon of an Autumn sabbath.
Leaves are golden.
The ground still squishes with mud when you step.
Those tell-tale wisps rise from your lips when you breathe.
You can enjoy a nice sweater.

My son Gerret was made for Autumn. He hates swimming. Check that. He hates any kind of water activity (though I do succeed sometimes at getting him to drink it). He doesnt care for the beach. He doesn't like jackets or sweaters, and he's been known to dart outside in nothing but pants and a t-shirt when I won't go out to get him without a hat and jacket. That's just Gerret, and so while the rest of us moved about with a little more reserve, he...well...he was Gerret. Albeit Gerret with one shoe off

.

No comments:

Post a Comment